The post-confinement is advancing and so are we at Eotopia. We are projecting ourselves into the future, however slowly and step by step. We are looking for new people to join us and we are dreaming of another great Eofest at the end of summer. See more below.
The spring without visits was actually good for us. We took the time to be together, to strengthen the bonds that unite us, to get to know each other a little more. We slowed down… well, a bit – not we couldn’t help moving forward though! Even if we are living a life of degrowth, we are also still aware of the generally difficult state the world is in. In this time we feel it more than ever, trying to abandon certain habits, certain comforts, both in the way we live on the land and in our way of being connected to the land and each other. So we’re working on slowing down, but staying active, keeping a certain rhythm. Plants grow, even when we’re not here, some (many!) are edible some are not. We do our best to take care of the ones that we can. It’s a good year for gardening with sunshine and much more water than the past spring. At the same time, we are busy with several other projects. We have started renovating the second floor of our house to insulate it (and to install a yoga room, music room, etc. – and later on a rocket mass heater!), we have built a new greenhouse with patio doors and pallets and the phyto-purification system is back in use – bigger, stronger, more active than ever! The construction site of the cob-pallet house is also progressing well, we are now in the process of the final plastering of the earth. More information later on (and an ebook in free access so that you can do the same if your heart tells you to!). Many other advances have taken place, more yin, more or less concrete, material, emotional, and certainly spiritual – and we’re queering more than ever. Come take a look for yourself!
Yes, we slow down, but we keep dreaming. About what? About the future, of course. And what’s in our future? Maaany things, but two dreams specifically:
1. We dream of expanding the Eotopia family! We dream of new residents but also new neighbours! So, if you vibrate with our values and want to join us, don’t hesitate to contact us! For visits, we will give priority to people who are potentially interested in moving in with us. If you are a fan of our values but don’t feel like living in a community… come and live close to us! Saône-et-Loire, Nièvre or Allier (we are at the crossroads of the three departments) are very nice departments, rather wild and very accessible financially and in terms of infrastructure. There’s also a lot of abandoned houses around here…
2. We dream of a hundred joyful and colorful people, dancing around a fire, talking circles, workshops, shared meals, crazy ideas, creations, everything you can imagine… but yes! We dream of a festival at Eotopia! Eofest 2020 will take place, when the blackberries are abound on the roads of France and the tomatoes are ready to burst.
What’s on the agenda? You, you, you and you and you and you, etc. … First of all, us, together with an idea that has germinated at the last festival and has been making its way since: Collective Horizons. We therefore invite you to come to imagine the eco-place or community of your dreams, to meet other people who share these dreams, these desires, and/or to share your experience of collective life and/or the creation of eco-places. Maybe this festival will inspire you to join Eotopia, to create your community somewhere else or right next door to us!
- The dates: 27th to 31st August.
- The place : Eotopia land
- For who? Everyone (but especially those who want to start/join/co-create/open an eco-place)
- Where to register? Here
- How much does it cost? Very expensive: your time, a little bit of your life and energy.
- Rules? Yes, we do have rules! And not just one. We’re vegan, alcohol- and drug-free. Take a look at the website for more details…
- More info? Look here
The entire Eotopia family is thrilled to have you here for this… event. Since all our visiting periods have been disrupted because of you-know-who, we are thirsty for meetings, exchanges, sharing.
Join us – for short or for long!
Until then, we wish for you to be able to celebrate the summers coming!